MYOB ODBC Direct
ODBC Direct connects programs like Virtual Merchant to your MYOB AccountRight
information and is automatically installed as part of the MYOB installation
Configuring an ODBC Data Source
The first step is to configure an ODBC data source - in other words, connect
MYOB ODBC Direct to your MYOB Company information.
- From the Windows Start Menu choose Control Panel; choose
Administrative Tools and click ODBC Data Sources(32bit).
The ODBC Data Source Administrator window appears.
- Click Add, the Create New Data Source window
- Scroll down and locate MYOAU1001 click it to
select it, then click Finish. The ODBC Setup Configuration
- Enter MYOB in the Data Source Name field.
Important: The Data Source Name must be
MYOB for Virtual Merchant to locate it.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to your MYOB data
file (usually in your MYOB installation folder C:\Premier19 if you're
using AccountRight Premier, or C:\Enterprise19 if you're using
AccountRight Premier Enterprise).
- Select your AccountRight data file and click Open.
- In the User Name field enter the administrator
for your company file. If you have not renamed the administrator user
name when you created the company file the default user name is
Administrator. Enter the administrator password (if you've
defined one - otherwise leave the password field blank) and click
OK to close the ODBC MYOB Setup Configuration window.
- Click OK to close the ODBC Data Source